13 Things To Do This Week In Las Vegas June 4-10, 2021
Here is the list of 13 things to do in Las Vegas this week:
1. First friday is back and this month they are not requiring masks for fully immunized participants. There will also be a pop-up vaccination clinic. This month’s theme for the Downtown Art / Music / Food Festival is “Reflection”. Isaac Zevalking, owner of Recycled Propaganda, is this month’s featured artist. Saxophonist Darien Orr is the star musician.
2. “27 – A musical adventure” pays homage to music icons who died too soon at the age of 27: Kurt Cobain, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Robert Johnson, Jim Morrison and Amy Winehouse. Put on a show at the new Virgin Hotels Las Vegas Wednesday through Sunday at 8:30 pm Tickets start at $ 65.
3. Ellis Island took over the 2nd floor of The Front Yard at Ellis Island. The mid-century tiki pop-up, open for just one month, features tiki-inspired dishes, 10 island-themed alcoholic cocktails, and special decor, including a 15-foot swordfish. Two blackjack tables and a variety of slot machines add a touch of Sin City to the experience.
4. The adult-only pool (Venus Pool) at Caesars Palace is now open for nighttime swimming. The nocturnal swim of Venus is offered from 7 p.m. to 1 a.m. Thursday to Sunday. You need to reserve a cabana, daybed or chair to experience the ultimate poolside party. The cost is $ 20 (chair) to $ 600 for a luxury cabin.
5. The Crowd Museum in downtown Las Vegas now offers a virtual tour and cocktail demonstration. The pre-recorded guided tour explores the Museum’s many Prohibition-themed exhibits, examines the rise of smugglers and rum runners, reveals untold stories of the men and women behind Prohibition, and highlights artifacts directly related to some of the biggest names of the time. A bartender from the underground bar will also demonstrate how to make some of the most sought-after cocktails of the time. Each 50-minute virtual program is hosted by one of the Museum’s knowledgeable educators and ends with a live question-and-answer session. Each cocktail recipe will be shared in advance, allowing viewers to follow. To book a virtual tour, please email [email protected] or calling (702) 724-8622.
6. Get a chance to win free beer for one year at the Grand Opening of Sticks Tavern in the Silverton Hotel and Casino on June 5, the family-friendly sports bar will offer a variety of food and drink with happy hour prices all day. Guests will also have the chance to spin a prize wheel when they register on social media for a chance to win free beer for one year, dinner for four, Silver Knights t-shirts and even more. Don’t miss Carnell’s special musical appearance “Golden Pipes” Johnson from 6pm to 8pm
7. Actors Jeff Leach, Dennis Blair, Michael Yo, Kathleen Dunbar and Mark Cohen perform from June 7 to 10 at the famous Comedy Cellar in the Rio hotel-casino. Performances take place at 7:00 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. Tickets cost $ 32 or $ 42 plus taxes and fees.
8. Vegas Valley Concerts presents “The time of our lives” at 8 p.m. on June 9 at The Space LV. The performance will feature new young Filipino talents. They’ll be singing songs from “Footloose” to “American Idiot” and everything in between. The purpose of the show is to celebrate Philippine Independence Day.
9. The town of Henderson now presents an innovative artist Exhibition by Dayo Adelajara “Cubism in the desert” until July 20 at City Hall on Water Street. Adelaja’s collection showcases the use of shape, form and color to define our lives and the environment, including “THE FOUR SEASONS OF MAN: A TRIBUTE TO RODIN” and “JIMI RU XPERIENCED Which is based on his observations of the ancient Athenian layout of the Acropolis as well as the magic created by musician Jimi Hendrix.
ten. “A theory of systems”, featuring the work of Tiffany Lin, is on display until August 7 at the Left of Center Art Gallery. The exhibit reconsiders American ideologies with respect to race, citizenship and state power. Lin holds an MA from the Maryland Institute College of Art in Illustration Practice and a BA in Gender and Women’s Studies and Psychology from the University of California at Berkeley. She is currently Visiting Assistant Professor at UNLV.
11. Bellagio Conservatory has a new display for the summer. “Eco: A Season of Earthly Awareness” pays homage to the elements necessary for life to flourish. The conservatory is open 24/7 and admission is always free.
12. The Selfie Museum is now open at La Promenade LINQ. The interactive exhibit provides guests with premium selfie opportunities featuring works by artists from around the world. The museum is family owned. It is open Sunday to Thursday from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. and Friday and Saturday from 10 a.m. to midnight. Ticket prices start at $ 29 for adults and $ 22 for children ages 3-12 (kids under 3 are free).
13. Kassi Beach House at Virgin Hotels Las Vegas offers an Italian seaside getaway, serving authentic coastal Italian cuisine, wine, beer and cocktails. The Kassi Beach House is accessible from the pool with a selection of poolside seating.
If you would like to submit an article for a future list, please send it to [email protected] Photos and video also welcome.